Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Mittwoch, 2. Dezember 2009, 11:01

Qek Junior mit Suzuki Jimny (Samuraj)

Greetings from Kiev!!!

The words in the title are the only words I can formulate in German since having a few month of German-language study in the University many years ago. If you do not feel comfortable writing in English please respond in German I will try to translate it with an online dictionary somehow...

1.I own Suzuki Jimny (85 hp with around 1000 kg of net weight) and it seems that Junior is the only option to enjoy outdoor activities. However, some people say that Jimny doesn't run easily even with such a light camper:(

By any chance, anybody has an experience of towing the Junior with Jimny or at least with his predecessor Samuraj?

2. I see the price for the Junior is not high...but the problem is how to deliver it to Ukraine cheaply. Together with the customs fees and delivery the price may double!!! However, this will be the first Junior in Ukraine!!! Any ideas regarding the delivery?

Danke Schon!!!

TipiHippie

wcf.user.guest

Mittwoch, 2. Dezember 2009, 13:49

Hi Witek,

welcome to this great forum.

The Qek Junior was concepted for being pulled by low-weight and low-powered vehicles like Trabant and so on. It´s no problem to pull it with a jimny. Here are some members who do that for several years.

I know a nice girl that works on import/export; next time I meet Iwill ask her for the conditions for exporting a Junior to Ukraine, but maybe it can last some weeks until I see her (she´s got no internet).

Until then have fun browsing the forum. Even if you don´t understand all things written here, you can enjoy the pictures and in case you are interested in the one or other detail don´t worry to ask for in English; some members here may be able to answer in russian.

Also have a look at this page: http://www.qek-wohnwagen.de/

Lots of pictures you can find here: http://www.qek-wohnwagen.de/qek/galerie/thumbs.asp?iType=1

Mittwoch, 2. Dezember 2009, 22:07

Dear TipiHipppi,

Thank you for your quick and right to the point answer. I do appreciate your assistance in clarifying how to bring the Qek to Ukraine in the most efficient (read cheapest way :smiley1295 ). It seems that my colleague at work is interested in Aero…So we can start serious business here :)

I can also provide some practical help here in Ukraine to those who may help me with the issue. Ukraine is becoming a rather popular holidays destination at least for some East Europeans. But it is probably better to talk about this issue in other parts of the Forum.

The Forum and the relevant site are great resources on the Qek indeed. The yellow and blue, which are the colours of the Ukrainian national flag, make this reading even nicer :smiley1637

Let me add/clarify several things.

1. I am interested also in the experience of owners of Jimny (Samurai) in towing the Junior during long holidays trips which can take thousands of miles.

2. This question may seem strange, but are there any governmental restrictions on using the old Qek in Germany or any other EU country, let’s say for the safety reasons?

3. At the Mobile.de I found one Junior painted in dark green. Is this its factory colour, or the caravan has been repainted? I think it will go very well with my Jimny which is of the same colour…

I am also happy to communicate in Russian/French/Polish and last but not least in Ukrainian, if there is such a need.

THANKY

TipiHippie

wcf.user.guest

Mittwoch, 2. Dezember 2009, 23:33

Hi Witek,

ask our User "Harada" for his experience with Junior/Samurai >>> http://qek.trabiteile.de/ftopic20.php&highlight=suzuki

or ask "Chris" >>> http://qek.trabiteile.de/ftopic135.php&highlight=suzuki

other links that may be interesting for you:

http://www.onroad-offroad.net/

http://www.qek-junior.de/Der_Qek_Junior/der_qek_junior.html

The original colour of the Junior was a dull white outside and a kind of eggshell white or creamy white inside. All other colours you see on pics are repaints

qek325

wcf.user.guest

Mittwoch, 2. Dezember 2009, 23:57

Hi witek,

welcome to this amazing community of QEK-maniacs!

Years ago I used to have a Samurai (68 hp) as well and I wanted a lightweight caravan to use with it.

The only acceptable model was...QEK Junior!

Within 3 years and more than 20000 km of travelling with Samurai and QEK in Germany, UK, France, Spain and Switzerland, I had no problems at all! The Suzuki engine is powerful enough to tow the caravan!

Please, do not hesitate buying a QEK Junior to use it with your Jimny! It works!

I would not suggest trying an AERO or 325! They are too heavy for your car, although the maximum weight to tow for Jimnys would legalize it!

Why don't you come to Germany, buy one and simply take it back to Ukraine?

Donnerstag, 3. Dezember 2009, 09:18

Zitat von »"qek325"«

Hi witek,

I would not suggest trying an AERO or 325! They are too heavy for your car, although the maximum weight to tow for Jimnys would legalize it!

Why don't you come to Germany, buy one and simply take it back to Ukraine?

Thank you guys!!! It is not easy to work through the translator which sometimes may be even misleading. So, your help is really appreciated!

I consider only Junior which seems to be a perfect fit for Jimny. A colleague of mine has a bigger car, and he is logically interested in an bigger AERO.

I do think about going to Germany as an option, because paying hundreds of euros for delivering a caravan which costs around 1000 does not seam to be logical. Besides, I will be able to see with my own eyes the goods and travel around the country whose culture I like. However, unlike you - EU citizens we cannot enter freely into the EU. In order to get a visa I will have to submit a buch of docs including my bank statement and invitation and go at least three times to the German Embassy. Even my professional involvement into EU-Ukraine affairs doesn't help much here...And they still have a right for refuse. The Ukrainian Government is starting visa liberation talks with the EU but it will take years before visa free regime will be introduced.

Therefore, I would like to consider all options before doing this.

The only info about Junior in Russian:

http://www.internirussia.ru/archives/3217

Donnerstag, 3. Dezember 2009, 10:06

welcome at the forum.

a jimny is a fine car. and a junior is in my opinion the right caravan for it.

i'm using a SJ413 to make trips with the junior. the user harada uses a LJ80.

but look for your self:

this are pictures made in may 2009. if you have questions, you can ask everytime

Aeroqek

wcf.user.guest

Donnerstag, 3. Dezember 2009, 19:02

Welcome to the forum and a lot of fun here.

Many greetings to Ukraine by Madeleine and Ronny.

Freitag, 4. Dezember 2009, 09:41

Hello from Berlin.

I use a translation program and hope that it makes its work good. Are the conditions of entry from Ukraine valid also for Poland? One could drive nevertheless otherwise with the caravan from Germany to Poland and you fetches him there. Perhaps is someone, which could make that.

Falls das jetzt falsch übersetzt wurde:

Gelten die Reisebestimmungen aus der Ukraine auch für Polen?

Sonst könnte man Witek doch auf halber Strecke mit dem QEK entgegenkommen und ihm das Gerät in Polen übergeben.

Ich sollte doch langsam mal englisch lernen :smiley1693

Freitag, 4. Dezember 2009, 13:51

To Madeleine and Ronny

Thank you, yess...internet makes wonders!

To Anna.

Actually, your translation is much better than mine from German into Ukrainian. I will probably start translating from German into English...anyway I am starting to remember some German words at least at technical level. A kind of side effect of intensive communication :smiley1299

Unfortunately for us (but probably opposite to Poles) Poland entered into Shengen area about a year ago and now one have to possess one visa to travel through almost all countries of the EU, which you know much better than me :smiley1297

I thought about asking someone to bring a Qek to Ukraine, but I am afraid it will be difficult due to potential paper work at the Ukrainian border. But let me consider other options as well. May be it will be less headache to pay for the delivery or have a visit to Germany.

Ich sollte doch langsam mal englisch lernen I am experiencing the same problem with my French…I know the language but have to make enormous efforts to start speaking…the best way to start communicating regularly in a French-speaking environment but they do not produce Qeks :smiley1678

jeepdoc

wcf.user.guest

Freitag, 4. Dezember 2009, 17:03

welcome in the forum

i stay 1991 with my jeep CJ 7 in the ukraine driving the off road rally transsilvania near usgorod

all the best

Jeepdoc

Aviator

wcf.user.guest

Freitag, 4. Dezember 2009, 18:27

Hello Witek,

At first: Welcome here between those entering their trailer home bended

At second: the better example for the dedication of the QEK is one very different car you really sure know - and if I call this, you might understand immediately, that Jimny and Samurai will not have any problems towing a QEK Junior: in the former east-german motor press and literature it was told that the Junior has been constructed to be towed by Trabant and... - here it is: by Saporoshez!!! So sure you know this car. And so you can imagine, the Suzi will not have too much problems with ist.

At third: no, green was not a colour avaliable from manufacturer. It has been only delivered completely white. (But... - I do not know, if there are some with stripes from the factory??)

Ciao

Lutz

Sweden

wcf.user.guest

Samstag, 5. Dezember 2009, 00:40

Zitat von »"witek"«

2. This question may seem strange, but are there any governmental restrictions on using the old Qek in Germany or any other EU country, let’s say for the safety reasons?

Welcome !

I am also new here, i live i Sweden

I have registrated a Qek Junior here in Sweden in nov 6, 2009

Without brakes , according to the new EU laws / rules here

Samstag, 5. Dezember 2009, 13:28

Zitat von »"jeepdoc"«

welcome in the forum

i stay 1991 with my jeep CJ 7 in the ukraine driving the off road rally transsilvania near usgorod

all the best

Jeepdoc

Thanks! Uzhgorod is a must see city of Austrian-Hungarian decent from the other side of the Carpathians :smiley1637

Samstag, 5. Dezember 2009, 14:01

Zitat von »"Aviator"«

Hello Witek,

...in the former east-german motor press and literature it was told that the Junior has been constructed to be towed by Trabant and... - here it is: by Saporoshez!!! So sure you know this car.

Ciao

Lutz

I wonder how Saporoshez felt towing a caravan:( You won't believed it but a re-designed Saporoshez is still being produced (as a 3-door Tavria or 4-door Slavuta)...I still own Slavuta which is a grandchild of Zaporozhets (see the picture)...l

Just talked to guys who are selling second-hand caravans in Kiev which confirmed my initial estimations that a 20-year Junior will cost around 3000 euroes with all delivery and custom taxes included :devil2: They also sell self-made teardrops with net weight around 250 kg and price around 2500...but that's a different level of comfort

Montag, 7. Dezember 2009, 12:58

By the way, what do you think about this Junior? Seems to be a good value for money...and not so old... Not sure, whether it has a kitchen and a sink...Does anybody knows this caravan?

http://suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/showDetails.html?id=124427767&__lp=1&scopeId=MH&sortOption.sortBy=price.consumerGrossEuro&sortOption.sortOrder=ASCENDING&makeModelVariant1.modelDescription=qek+junior&makeModelVariant1.searchInFreetext=false&makeModelVariant2.searchInFreetext=false&makeModelVariant3.searchInFreetext=false&vehicleCategory=Motorhome&segment=Motorhome&siteId=GERMANY&negativeFeatures=EXPORT&damageUnrepaired=NO_DAMAGE_UNREPAIRED&export=NO_EXPORT&customerIdsAsString=&lang=ru&pageNumber=1

Aviator

wcf.user.guest

Montag, 7. Dezember 2009, 21:11

Zitat von »"witek"«

Zitat von »"Aviator"«

Hello Witek,

...in the former east-german motor press and literature it was told that the Junior has been constructed to be towed by Trabant and... - here it is: by Saporoshez!!! So sure you know this car.

Ciao

Lutz

I wonder how Saporoshez felt towing a caravan:( You won't believed it but a re-designed Saporoshez is still being produced (as a 3-door Tavria or 4-door Slavuta)...I still own Slavuta which is a grandchild of Zaporozhets (see the picture)...l

...oh, but what I talked about was the 968 which looks like a unlucky copy of a NSU Prinz

But I did not know, that this company ist still existing...

Ciao

Lutz

TipiHippie

wcf.user.guest

Dienstag, 8. Dezember 2009, 00:34

Hi Witek,

here you can see the front window with kitchen and sink:

http://suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/showDetails.html?lang=ru&id=124427767&pageNumber=1&scopeId=MH&sortOption.sortBy=price.consumerGrossEuro&sortOption.sortOrder=ASCENDING&makeModelVariant1.modelDescription=qek+junior&makeModelVariant1.searchInFreetext=false&makeModelVariant2.searchInFreetext=false&makeModelVariant3.searchInFreetext=false&vehicleCategory=Motorhome&segment=Motorhome&siteId=GERMANY&negativeFeatures=EXPORT&damageUnrepaired=NO_DAMAGE_UNREPAIRED&export=NO_EXPORT&customerIdsAsString=&tabNumber=2

I think the gas range is covered by the white sheet metal seen left; on the right you can see a little part of the sink.

The caravan looks pretty good on these pictures, but it would be better to see (and smell) it "live" before buying. Also would be interesting what the steelframe and the brake and tires look like

The first picture of your link shows the caravan with a kind of tent mounted. There is no word about this tent in the description whether included or not.

The boards above the back and side windows are not original; also the carpet-covered walls and the wood-design of the upside. Note that these things are additional weight.

The parts of the kitchen are covered with self-gluing foil.

All in all I like the design of this object (but it´s not everybody´s taste...).

Mittwoch, 9. Dezember 2009, 10:48

Thank you, TipiHippie, it is REALLY very helpful!

You won’t believe it but accidentally I found a Junior in Ukraine. According to the owner the caravan is in normal condition being produced around 1983, i.e. with hydraulic breaks I suppose (see the pictures...no we do not have snow yet; pictures are one-year old :smiley1299 ). Anyway, I do not have a big choice here since it is sold for around 700 euros. As I have mentioned they are overpriced here; at least twice as compared to prices in Germany. This Sunday I am planning to go to the city where the caravan is located and take more pictures.

I am not sure that the papers for the trailer are OK. Could you please let me know where the body and probably chassis numbers are located? Is it printed on an aluminium table fixed to the steelframe as usual or also on other parts of the trailer?

Mittwoch, 9. Dezember 2009, 12:00

the chassis number should be on the towingtubube - don't know the real typication ow this part... in german it's called "deichsel" or "zugrohr".

on this part the number is ontop. maybe you can't see it cause someone coulered the "deichsel".